Thursday 20 October 2011

Nuthatch

At last some time off and I don't have to get up early in the morning to go to work, so what do I do, get up and early and go bird watching.  Went up at 07:00 to Hamstreet Woods for a few hours, a lovely crisp morning and plenty of birds singing in the early morning sunshine.  I saw many of the normal birds including Green and Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Treecreeper, Goldcrest.  I also saw Nuthatch, which is not unusual but there were so many around, I saw in 2/1/2 hours 3 pairs and 4 singles.  Whilst some of these birds may have been the same I walked around the edge of the whole wood and it is unusual to have some many views in a short space of time.  This is great and hopefully they will be around to stay and survive whatever winter may throw at us this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment