Saturday 14 April 2012

Nightingales and Bluebells

Early start this morning with a 6am walk around Bourne Woods, it was a lovely clear morning with the sun coming up, no one else around but me and carpets of Wood Anemone and the first of the Bluebells coming through.

Wren,Jay, Green Woodpecker, Blue and Great Tits on entering the woods and the first of many Greater Spotted Wood soon after. Within 5 minutes in one of the normal spots I had my first singing Nightingale and I spent 5 minutes just listening to the song before it decided to go quiet.

I spent the next two hours walking around and had many Willow Warbler, Chiff Chaff, 2 Blackcap, 2 Bullfinch and another Nightingale, along with all the other normal woodland species. A nice start to the day

1 comment:

  1. There seems to have been an arrival overnight of these. What a song though.

    ReplyDelete