Tuesday 3 April 2012

Summer migrants on the way

It's been a busy week and not much time to update the blog, however in the past few days more migrants are appearing.

On Sunday morning in Ashford I heard my first 3 Chiff Chaffs of the year. In the afternoon whilst in Bernard's garden discussing the Nightingale survey the first Swallow of the year flew through. Also some distant views of Buzzard over Bourne Wood along with Kestrel and Sparrowhawk.

On Monday evening, I was thinking about Bernard's comments that he had seen a number of Blackcap's in his garden which had then all moved on, when movement at the top of my garden caught my eye, and on grabbing my bins saw my first Blackcap of the year, I wonder if it was one that had come down from Bernard's.

Driving around the M25 today I saw at least 5 Buzzard's during the trip, they are becoming more common now and a lovely sight to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment