Friday 23 March 2012

Guinea Fowl?

Had an eventful journey to work this morning travelling down the country roads. Lots of wildlife around all hell bent on committing suicide on a nice spring morning.

On leaving Hamstreet I had to stop suddenly for a rabbit, going through Ruckinge a party of Mallard ducks waddling across the road, in Bilsington it was the turn of 2 cock Pheasants and then in Bonnington 3 Guinea Fowl.

These Guinea Fowl were splendid looking, they are obviously escapes but are they now living wild. I first saw these (or 3 Guinea Fowl anyway) towards the latter part of last year by the Burnt Oak crossroads, and then again later in the year I saw them again but memory will not let me remember where, and now in Bonnington. Are they the same birds, are the living in the wild, has any one else seen them, if so let me know as I am curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment