Monday 25 May 2020

I am back

I am ashamed to say this is my first post for 7 years as I lost my way slightly with birding and nature, mainly due to work and travelling. In recent months, with my oldest son taking more interest in birding, photography and the enforced lock down my enthusiasm has returned. In recent years the most birds I ever had in my garden were 48 species in one year, so far this year I am on 35 and not even half way. For the area around Hamstreet my record was in 2006 when I had 57 species, this year so far I am on 61. My most recent tick was between Ruckinge and Hamstreet on Saturday, I had got lost and ended up on the main road walking back and in someones garden had a male Bullfinch, my favorite bird. Last week I had 3 Tree Sparrows on the canal by the garden center, so keep looking as you never know what to expect. I will try and continue to post about my journeys and birds around Hamstreet, and hopefully with some pictures.

1 comment: