Wednesday 27 May 2020

New bird for my Hamstreet list

My now regular early morning walks whilst working from home due to Covid took me today along the Royal Military Canal.  Going out at 5am is the best part of the day for me, there is no one around, the sun is rising and the birds are singing.  The cuckoo was calling, reed warblers singing and the Skylarks climbing high into the sky before parachuting down.

For the outward part of my journey it was the usual birds that I normally have, 3 Moorhens were having a fight and totally oblivious to me, Yellowhammer and Chaffinch singing in the trees, 8 swifts chasing each over across the sky.

On my return journey back two birds landed on the path in front of me and I was pleased to see they were Yellow Wagtail.  These are new for me for Hamstreet as in 17 years here never had them before, so a good tick for the morning. This brings my Hamstreet life list to 91.

On returning home a few hours later 2 Red Kites flew over, 2 Jay's in the garden, the first time for a few months and a young Grass Snake in my pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment