Friday 29 May 2020

Off to church

A change to the walk this morning took me out of the village and across the fields and railway line up to Orlestone Church, along Church Lane and back into the village and home.

This morning was very quiet, the birds are starting to quieten down now and with the thick foliage now it is difficult to see many.

The first field I cross was full of sheep and lambs, which are now getting much bigger now and not so nervous when you walk past them, one was very inquisitive


I saw a Greater Spotted Woodpecker hacking away at the ground thinking I think that if a Green Woodpecker can do it so can I.  A few Barn Swallows, a singing male Blackcap and later a female Blackcap that was not singing.  What is also apparent is how successful the Starlings have been in breeding this year with many young starling chicks seen on the walk, the murmurations could be good later in the year.

At the end of Church Lane 2 young Long Tailed Tits and then a Blackbird that was collecting food for it's young I assume, whatever it was it didn't look very appetising.


Finally walking back through the village I saw a Jackdaw having a good fight with some tissue before flying off with some for its nest, well at least I hope so and its not a Corvid that has Covid.





No comments:

Post a Comment